Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sit & Stitch

But, it's not sewing. I have this yarn called Jaime Baby from a long time ago. For whatever reason when a baby is born i pick it up and either crochet or knit something up from it. I have made wash cloths, bibs, booties, hats and little toys. The color is a white and my favorite thing to do is pair it up with this golden yellow yarn that is even older still.

The name or brand of the yellow escapes me, but I do remember a few years back I crocheted enough petal flower type granny squares to make a pretty big afghan. Those flowers are currently in my yarn stash waiting to become something. The blanket would have been born, but I found that after the hours it took me to make the petal squares i was sick of looking at the yellow that I once loved so much. Keeping track of where I was became easy when I realized I could use my magnet board (which I only knew about because of Cross Stitch) to stay on track.

I have become hooked on this Jaime baby again because of all things babies seem to like it. They like it to chew and suck on like a teething rings especially when it is fashioned into a towel or shape with little nubs on it.

As I was mindlessly knitting with it, my grand daughter sat on my lap and got hold of the working yarn. It got soaked from her slobbering on it (she's just 4 months) and now instead of a hat for a Steelers fan it it going to become something for her. She already Christened it and I can stand to part with it. Something tells me that one of the stashed yellow flowers may become part of the finished project and eventual gift to her.

No comments: